Weight Loss Medication
Obesity impacts more than half of the global population and is only projected to worsen. Poor weight management is a major contributor to disease and all-cause mortality in the United States. Weight loss and subsequent healthy weight management is often deterred by overly stressful lifestyles that impair metabolism and overtax many of the body’s systems. Certain peptides work to correct these issues and support the production of key factors that assist in fat reduction, metabolic efficiency (including blood sugar and insulin support), and ultimately healthy weight management. In recent years, there have been new FDA approved medications for the treatment of obesity that can be a tool in achieving medically significant weight loss.
Semaglutide and Tirzepatide are peptides that are FDA approved for treating diabetes and have been found to aid in weight loss. Using compounded Semaglutide also allows customization of the dosage for each individual.
How Semaglutide Works
- Slows down stomach emptying causing you to feel full longer
- Makes your body more efficient at processing sugar
- Binds to receptors in your brain to prevent cravings
- The best results are seen when combined with proper nutrition and strength training
We are working with compounding pharmacies to make this product available to our patients.
How to Get Started?
We will start by drawing labs and having you sit down with a doctor to see if this treatment plan is right for you. Potential side effects will also be reviewed.
- If you decide to start the medication, we will order it from our office, and it will be sent to your home.
- You will draw up a dose each week and give your injection.
- Your doctor will determine your dose and how often to change it.
- After 8 weeks, you will come in for a weight and blood pressure check. A new vial will be ordered while you are here. Every time you need a refill, you will come to the office and have your symptoms assessed, as well as weight and blood pressure measurements taken.
How much does it cost?
Initial labs and consultation will be billed through your insurance. Insurance will not cover compounded Semaglutide, but it is eligible to use a Health Savings Account. The first vial is around $300.00 including shipping. This vial will last 8 weeks.
Each time you get a refill the cost will be between $300-$475 including medication, shipping, syringes, alcohol pads, administrative/prescription management and phone support for your weight loss journey. Each vial will last between 4-6 weeks depending on what dose is effective for you.
Schedule your consultation with one of our participating physicians at 573-443-8796!